Friday, February 19, 2010

352. Separation Fence: Love Knows No Boundaries

In July 2009 I went to the Separation Fence at the border of Tul Qarem in search of a heart. The soldier at the post told me that in order to photograph I needed to have written permission. So began the months long process trying to obtain both the permission and the heart. MANY phone calls and e-mails later I bring you....Two hearts from the Separation Fence at the border of Tul Qarem.
letter requesting permission to photograph at Separation Fence

permission letter from army to photograph at Separation Fence



Heart #1 found by me
cement, Separation Fence, on the border of Tul Qarem

These hearts prove that while we might need to go through alot of bureacracy and red tape, in the end love can be had. So, if you want something bad enough go get it!
Natanel was the sweet soldier on guard this morning who took care of my unique request.


Natanel's heart would love for others to help children with cancer http://www.israelcancer.org/home.html


Heart#2 found by Perli
spray paint, Separation fence, on the border of Tul Qarem

Thank you Perli for accompanying me to the border.

Perli's heart would love for others to support Ezer Mizion http://www.ezermizion.org/

*Content and photo © Nomi Helene 2010. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment